- Registration is $20 for City residents with a Rec Card and $50 for non-residents. An additional $10 fee will be added to registration received after the advertised registration deadline.
- A copy of the child's birth certificate must be provided if one is not already on file
- Register at the Recreation office Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Leagues offered:
Rookie - Boys and Girls aged 4, 5 and 6
Minor - Boys and Girls aged 7 and 8
Major - Boys and Girls aged 9 and 10
Junior Boys - Boys aged 11 and 12
Junior Girls - Girls aged 11, 12, 13 and 14 (A minimum of 40 players are needed to restart this league)
Senior Boys - Boys aged 13 and 14 (A minimum of 40 players are needed to restart this league)
** League age is determined by the age attained by a player as of December 31st of the current year. **
The Asheboro Cultural and Recreation Services Department will provide each participant who registers for youth basketball a team jersey (numbered t-shirt) and excess accident insurance coverage. Each participant will need to provide their own pair of black gym shorts. The recreation department will provide a basic pair of black shorts to any participant who displays any hardship in meeting this requirement.
Skills assessment information:
All new participants as well as any participant that will be moving up to a new league must attend a skills assessment.
All skills assessments will take place at North Asheboro Middle School. You will be notified when a final skills assessment time and date have been determined.
After the skills assessment has been completed the coaches will meet and draft each child. The coaches will select players based on last year’s regular season records. Once the draft process has been completed a coach will call and give you information about your next practice.
**THERE WILL BE NO SKILLS ASSESSMENTS FOR THE ROOKIE OR MINOR LEAGUES. PLAYERS WILL BE SELECTED THROUGH A BLIND DRAFT**
What equipment is needed for practices or games?
When practices start the only equipment that is needed by your child is a pair of tennis shoes and gym shorts. Please do not bring basketballs from home to the gym. Each team will have basketballs provided to them for practices and games.
What is the expected number of practices or games that my child might have per week?
- All practices and games are held at either North Asheboro Middle School or South Asheboro Middle School.
- Prior to the start of the season you can expect your child to practice two or three times a week. Of those practices one will be a Saturday practice with the other one or two practices coming between Monday and Thursday night. All practices will last for one hour.
- Once games begin you can expect your child to play two or three games per week. If your child has three games per week one of those will be on a Saturday. All games will last for one hour.
- After the season begins there is very little time available for additional practices. Therefore, once games begin your time commitment will remain at just two or three hours per week.
- Asheboro Cultural and Recreation Services offer pictures for league participants. Team photos are available for a nominal fee. Additional information on this program will be available after practices begin.
- For additional information or for any questions concerning the youth basketball program please call 626-1240 and ask to speak to someone in athletics.